Our shattered dreams are never random. They are always a piece in a larger puzzle, a chapter in a larger story.

Larry Crabb

Monday, October 20, 2008

Today I will Trust

Today I Will Trust

Today, I will stop straining to know what I don't know. To see what I can't see. To understand what I don't yet understand. I will trust that being is sufficient, and I will let go of my need to figure things out.

~ Melody Beattie - The Language of Letting Go


Trust in the Lord with all you heart and lean not on your own understanding. In all your ways acknowledge Him and He will make your paths straight.

~ Proverbs 3:5-6

So every morning I get a delightful little meditation emailed to me, something to ponder besides all the other things I ponder. Today's was about trust and how timely when I just wrote what I wrote yesterday about letting go and trusting Jesus.

I know that I will have many more days to come in which I fight and struggle with taking back my desire to be a mom. However for today I am able to trust. Really that is all Jesus asks us for, to trust in him today. Tomorrow we have no idea what we will be doing, even if we plan things, sometimes plans change, a friend drops by, a phone call happens, and accident - who knows, all we have is today and today I am able to say, "DADA I will trust you with my desire to be a mom. I will not lean on the things I do or the things I understand. Instead I will curl up in Your loving arms and rest, trusting that you know best."

I will trust one moment at a time, and one day at a time! This is what I am able to do and this I believe is all He is asking me to do!

Blessings to you all!

No comments: