Our shattered dreams are never random. They are always a piece in a larger puzzle, a chapter in a larger story.

Larry Crabb

Monday, December 14, 2009

Nothing So Far

Well today has come and gone and so far no call to tell us to get our butts to Kamloops for the birth of Krahn Baby #1. Oh well this is the reality of being pregnant. Just because you have a due date does not mean that the baby is going to come on that day.

Today I made a sling. However, note to self - next time do not use flannel fabric as it is too think - so I wasted a bunch of fabric and money. Oh well - after the baby is born I will get some other fabric and get my niece to sew the sling instead. As I am sure that I will be to busy and occupied with cuddle time and sleeping when the baby sleeps. In the mean time to make sure that we have a sling I made some adjustments so what I made will function. Our hope is that with carrying the baby around in the sling it will make it harder for people to accost us at church or family gatherings to hold the baby. For now only mommy and daddy will hold our child to aid bonding and attachment, seeing that bonding and attachment is very different when you adopt a child. The reality is our first baby will not know us as mommy and daddy right away - we will be strangers when he or she is placed in our arms, and that is why we are choosing to be very protective of our bonding and attachment time. However we will have to wait for that a little while longer!

Patiently waiting!

2 comments:

Dianne said...

Hey... I've been a lurker on your blog for a little while. But I'm comming out of hiding to share a great find! Check out sleepywrap.com I used this sling and it is GREAT!!! My kids loved it, and I loved it because like you said, it really helps "protect" your little one from all the baby snatchers! Its fairly inexpensive and very very comfortable... my husband wears it too!

Anonymous said...

I love your baby sling idea! Anika was under three months when the camping season started, and I rarely held her unless we were in our room. It drove me crazy that as soon as we went into public someone would steal my baby from me! I never got the hang of a sling/baby carrier, but I think I'll try it in the future!
Ashlea