Our shattered dreams are never random. They are always a piece in a larger puzzle, a chapter in a larger story.

Larry Crabb

Thursday, December 10, 2009

Week 23

Nothing much new this week. Some days Jaris kicks up a storm and then other days he is not as active. On the not so active day I am happy that we bought the doppler to listen to our amazing little one's heart beat. Seriously it is the best sound in the world to us right now.

I did break down and get the H1N1 flu shot, much to the dismay of a few friends however, so far so good. No reactions on my part and our little boy is still kicking his mama!

Funny as our little ones get older we do our best to teach them not to kick and punch others, or even us. However when the little one is inside growing we want him to kick punch move do whatever just we know that he is there! My thinking is he better get in all the kicking and punching now while he can.

I have sewn 10 receiving blankets and think today I will go get some more fabric and sew a few more. I find myself needing to do things to pass the time as we wait for our first little one to get here! Only 4 more days - unless the birth mom goes into labor early or later. Here is hoping early is what happens.

My sister in law called the other day and told me that if I wanted a bunch of bottles, a formula mixer, a cleaning brush, and a bottle warmer that the family who adopted the baby of a birth mother that Jeral and I know had dropped them off at the agency and I could have them. Sweet, YES!!!!!!! So we are set with a lot of bottles! Yeah for mixing the bottles once a day and then just grabbing them out of the fridge to warm it up.

Just a thought to end with - sometimes life changes at lightening fast speed, and other times changes happen at a snails pace, and actually most of the time different aspects of life change fast while at the same time other aspects are change slowly. I guess I am realizing how fast our life has changed in the past few weeks - it took what felt like forever to get to the place of getting to be parents to our own children and now we will have two very shortly. I am also realizing that while this change has happened quickly - other things I desire to change are going slowly. I guess the task at hand for me is to embrace the growth no matter how fast or slow it happens!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

leanne, we are so excited for you guys! i hope the birth mom is early too (but if its a first baby don't hold your breath;) ) try to make your brain think the baby is due on christmas, then when it arrives early you'll be so excited! haha!
i can see how the doppler is a comforting tool at times! i remember when i was prenant with dex if he was quiet for even a couple hours i was shaking him up to get him moving again! hope the next few days go by quick for you!
renee

Trev and Rebekah said...

Love you and have been thinking about you today