Our shattered dreams are never random. They are always a piece in a larger puzzle, a chapter in a larger story.

Larry Crabb

Sunday, December 20, 2009

Over Doing it and Other things

Okay so I am about to admit that I have over done it the last few days, and now I am exhausted! Thus I went to bed last night around 10 pm and stayed in bed until 10:30 am this morning. No church for me today - just rest and relaxing as we wait for a very important phone call. I am even not getting all fancy and making a homemade ice cream cake for the Krahn/Cowie Christmas tonight. Instead Jeral is picking up an ice cream cake from DQ on the way home from church this afternoon.

Last night my sister in law and I were talking and she told me that when she asked us a month and a bit ago if we would be willing to go a head with something if one of the couples who had our profile still picked us - she knew that the birth mom in Kamloops had pretty much picked us and something was about to happen. I am so proud of her for not telling us what she knew at that point, and for just letting things play out.

Jeral and I are both in agreement - the birth mom of our soon to be daughter or son is an amazing woman and special woman. It is not necessary for us to agree on this however it is nice to hear him put into words what my heart already feels. This journey has been full of twists and turns and we know in the days and years a head there will be more twists and turns as we embark on the adventure of parenthood!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Homemade Ice cream cake??? How do you make that? I would love to get the recipe.
I'm thinking and praying for you guys as you wait for this little one!
Ashlea