Our shattered dreams are never random. They are always a piece in a larger puzzle, a chapter in a larger story.

Larry Crabb

Wednesday, December 30, 2009

3rd Anniversary

Wow three years ago today I was getting ready to marry Jeral! Looking back the last three year we have both grown a lot, and we have grown together and we are looking forward to continuing to grow in the years a head of us.

Last year on our anniversary we went to Kelowna and stayed at Okanagan Lake Resort. This year will be a little different, and since the roads are not so good today we probably will not venture out of Armstrong. Last year at this time we were also hurting a lot because I still was not pregnant. My how times have changed. Last year on our anniversary we spent the entire evening discussing (okay arguing) what the next steps would be in growing our family. I wanted to pursue the fertility route, and the adoption route all at once. Jeral needed time to think, and in the end he choose the adoption route. So that is the journey we set out on. The fertility route seemed a little more risky and less likely to give us children, and the reality is that we had money set aside for one and not for both, so we had to choose. Adoption it was, and once we were well into the process Jeral decided that he would like us to try some of the less expensive fertility procedures. I honestly did not think they would work - however I was wrong.

Now a year later we have our daughter who we have been blessed to adopt, and I am pregnant with our son. We feel doubly blessed. A year ago I would never have believed this is how our life would turn out. Like I have said before I would have laughed the same way Sarah laughed when she over heard God tell Abraham that she in her old age would become pregnant. This journey has put a new perspective on that story for me as well as other Biblical stories.

So today my husband and I celebrate 3 years together, and we also celebrate new beginnings!

1 comment:

Trev and Rebekah said...

Congrats on 3 years and two wonderful gifts (children). Looking forward to seeing the bundle of joy!