Our shattered dreams are never random. They are always a piece in a larger puzzle, a chapter in a larger story.

Larry Crabb

Friday, January 1, 2010

Parenthood 101


Sleeping quietly and mommy could not resist taking a picture! We love her so very much and cannot imagine our lives without her!


Daddy holding MacKenzie the was that seems to calm her down. Poor little girl has had some very rough days!


Daddy feeding MacKenzie


Wow! First just let me say wow - we have an 11 day old daughter who is teething. That sure explains that past few days. She has two teething coming in already, and she has thrush on top of that. Just when I thought we had a little more time before dealing with the teething thing.

I also found out in the middle of the night that it is never wise or safe to just use a receiving blanket under our precious daughter to change her diaper. At 3:30 am I was changing her diaper and as I was switching diapers an explosive wet one came flying out, all over mommy, and the body pillow, and the sheets on mommy's side of the bed. Good thing daddy was good with getting up and changing the sheets.

We are muddling our way through figuring out this parent thing and to be honest I know that we will be figuring out how to be parents long after our kids have moved out and gotten married and our parents themselves. Good thing for God's grace!

Here are a few mroe pictures of our little girl!

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Amen for grace and 'muddling' !!! Somedays I just sit down when faced with a new kid challenge go - shoot what do I do now!!!!
:)

Anonymous said...

She is so beautiful Leanne! I definitely understand about the "muddling" through thing as well; I thought that when I became a mom, I would somehow "know" what to do in each situation. What a surprise it was to have a daughter and find out that is not the case!
Ashlea
P.S. I can't believe she's getting teeth already!