Our shattered dreams are never random. They are always a piece in a larger puzzle, a chapter in a larger story.

Larry Crabb

Sunday, January 17, 2010

Turning 31

Wow I am now 31 years old! My sister asked me the other day what I wanted for my birthday and I had a hard time coming up with anything. The reality is I have everything I have want - my daughter in my arms, my son in my tummy and a wonderful husband to share this all with. Nothing else seems to matter right now other than them.

So what did we do on Saturday - well on Friday we headed into Kelowna for a day of hanging out with my cousin and then off to dinner, then the mall for some more maternity clothes for me, then to the hotel for the night. MacKenzie did great until we got to the hotel and it was as if she realized that we were not going home for the night and she got upset. It took us until 3:30 am to calm her down enough to sleep. Oh well and to bad for the people in the room next to us - if our daughter needs to scream and cry well then she can and we will hold her and tell her we lover her so very much through it all. Saturday we went back to the mall and shopped - mostly for MacKenzie and a few things for Jaris. Funny how kids change things - in the past we would always go shopping for us, and now I get way more pleasure out of finding cute things for my kids! All in all it was a great way to spend my Birthday - with my daughter and the man I love.

So being 31 is not so bad actually I love the 30's and would not want to go back to my 20's. I have a feeling that life is only going to get sweeter with age!!!!!

3 comments:

Trev and Rebekah said...

Happy birthday again. Sorry for calling so early yesterday!

Cardinal's Cove said...

And Happy Birthday too!

I hit 30 in August and I am excited for it!

I will officially be wise! :) lol (ya right..)

Ryan

Cardinal's Cove said...

And Happy Birthday too!

I hit 30 in August and I am excited for it!

I will officially be wise! :) lol (ya right..)

Ryan