Our shattered dreams are never random. They are always a piece in a larger puzzle, a chapter in a larger story.

Larry Crabb

Sunday, January 31, 2010

A Visit!

This past Friday MacKenzie Joy was blessed to get to meet her Auntie Joy - the amazing woman that we named our little girl after. It was amazing to watch her totally relax in Joy's arms and just rest. As MacKenzie's mommy there is not greater gift than seeing the joy and love in someone else's face for my little girl, so watching that on Joy's face was great. MacKenzie pretty much slept the entire time they were here and she was a prefect angel - after they left she gave mommy and daddy the biggest poop in her diaper yet - thus she got a little fussy just before they left.

Jeral and I chose to name MacKenzie Joy after this lady for a few reasons

1) She is one of the most amazing woman I have ever had the privilege of spending time with.

2) Just as I will never regret the decision to choose to travel to Abbotsford to see this amazing woman as my counselor, and have her journey with Jesus and me towards health - despite the days I was rather ticked off with her bluntness and honesty. I will never regret the decision to choose to adopt my daughter - despite the days I cried and hated how my life was put under a magnifying glass. Holding my little girl makes all of that worth it. Both choices had many hard moments and yet looking back I will do not regret making those choices.

3) My daughters name will always serve as a reminder of the three years I spent hashing everything out and working on walking towards being a healthier person. I never want to forget the lessons learned, or the time Jesus allowed me to have with my daughter's namesake. Thus we chose a name that would always remind me of that time and remind me to attempt to make healthy choices (even though drink Coke - Cola may be a unhealthy choice I continue to make).

4) Just as our daughter MacKenzie Joy has forever changed our lives and filled our hearts with much love - her namesake has forever changed our lives and MacKenzie's life - though MacKenzie does not totally understand that yet!

So there you have it why we chose to name our daughter MacKenzie Joy. So all in all Friday was a great day for both MacKenzie and her mommy - despite that fact that when I asked Jeral to get me a treat someone told him to just say no!!!!! Yet in the end Jeral remembered who he sleeps with at night and got me the treat I wanted!!!!!!!!!!! Thus making a great day even better!

No comments: