Our shattered dreams are never random. They are always a piece in a larger puzzle, a chapter in a larger story.

Larry Crabb

Monday, January 11, 2010

Orange Yuckiness



Jeral holding our little girl! She is so tiny in his arms!

So today I had to go in and drink that yuck orange stuff for my Gestational Diabetes Screening. So me being the tired mommy I was choose not to go in right away at 8 am, instead I headed in for 8:30 am and well I sat there waiting until 11 am when I finally got in and they tried to tell me there was not enough time to do the test before the lab closed. Well I was a little bitchy, and told them that I had been waiting for over 2 hours and that my husband was home with our 3 week old daughter so I could get the test done today and therefore it had to be done now! Maybe I could have been a little nicer, however I am a sleep deprived, pregnant, hormonal, and at the point a very hungry woman - there is nothing nice about that - just let me do the dang test and then get me some food! Oh well here is hoping everything is fine and I will not have to take insulin.

Little MacKenzie is doing well! She is growing and more and more aware of her surroundings every day. Tonight I had a little light and moved it from onside to the other and she moved her head to follow the light! I think that is pretty amazing for a 3 week old. We absolutely love and adore our little girl! I love snuggle and cuddle times, and so does Jeral. I also love it when MacKenzie is rest on my tummy and Jaris starts kicking away - great bonding time!

We picked up our new Mini Van on Friday. I was at first a little weirded out at how natural and normal it felt to drive a mini van. I do appreciate being able to get in and out of the van with ease and the fact that we will have room for our growing family. I do miss my little Honda Civic just for the power it had however I do not need to or want to drive that fast anymore! Pictures of the van to come later!


2 comments:

Anonymous said...

When I read the title of your blog, I was sure I was in for a gross poop or spit up post!
So cool that you got a minivan; that will be great for getting two carseats in and out. We bought our truck (4 door) when I was pregnant with Anika because our two door, low to the ground car was NOT going to suffice for a baby with a carseat!
Ashlea

Cardinal's Cove said...

aww, that's sweet, he's kicking his sister already from inside the womb! they are going to get along grand!!!

lol .. so happy for you guys Leanne .. love hearing how well you're doing. :)