Our shattered dreams are never random. They are always a piece in a larger puzzle, a chapter in a larger story.

Larry Crabb

Wednesday, January 27, 2010

Soothers and Stuff


Soothers can be your best friend or they can be your worst enemy. Monday night the soother was mommy and daddy's worst enemy. MacKenzie seemed to spit it out and cry every half and hour or so, just as mommy was drifting off to sleep. Thus there was very little sleep going on that night!

Despite the lack of sleep mommy and MacKenzie went to Kamloops the next day to visit Grandma, Auntie Jocelyn, and cousin Ty-Ty. We had a great time visiting - the day was a little long for MacKenze and her tired mommy yet it was fun. Ty-Ty totally loves his little cousin and loved touching her hands, and her head (despite the fact that we tried to keep him from going for the head), and smacking her feet! It was very adorable.

We have been trying to switch MacKenzie to powder formula - however she is getting way more gassy so we are just going to stick with liquid for now. I would rather have a happy and well feed baby then a baby girl who screams every time she is feeding due to the gas and then screams for a hour or so after.

I love my little girl so very much. I love playing with her and watching her smile and coo. I love watcher her chomp the ear of her teddy bear. I also love my little boy. Last night after I put MacKenzie down and I lay down he went nuts. So I lay there for an hour just rubbing my glorious tummy and and talking to may amazing little boy. I am looking forward to the day that I have both in my arms!

2 comments:

Cardinal's Cove said...

I love how much joy she has given you. :) God is good! :) I am so happy for you guys!

Trev and Rebekah said...

Looking forward to connecting with you in march hopefully and then I can rub your tummy too! :)