Our shattered dreams are never random. They are always a piece in a larger puzzle, a chapter in a larger story.

Larry Crabb

Wednesday, May 19, 2010

Last Home Visit

One of the steps in adopting is having an after placement home visit, and we had ours today. This visit was relatively short and painless in comparison to the homestudy we did before we got Kenzie. Today's visit went well and now all we have to do is wait for the write up which in a little over a month our lawyer can present to the supreme court and our adoption of Kenzie can be finalized. I look forward to the day that we have all the paperwork confirming that we are Kenzie's parents forever. Then we will have the papers to confirm what is already in our hearts. We are Kenzie's mommy and daddy.

Last night was long, as Jeral is sick so I let him sleep, while both Kenzie and Jaris took turns crying. Thank you Jesus that they took turns crying and there was not a time when both were crying. As I was holding my babies I was decided that I want to enjoy all the cuddles and snuggles while I can. Reality is they will not want to snuggle and cuddle for ever. One day they will have spouses and children of their own (hopefully because I want to be a grandma and this is all about me after all !). The years of little sleep will be relatively short compared to the years that I will get to sleep at night, so I am not going to push my little ones to grow up to fast. They are my little babies and I want to allow them to be babies who want to be held, snuggled, feed, played with, sung to, and loved much. Well that is all for my thinking for now! Off on a walk to town with my miracles I go!

1 comment:

Daphne said...

Leanne - I am always so very encouraged and impressed by your positive attitude, even when you are tired. My little girl is 4 years old now and there are times I want to "snuggle" and she doesn't want to - she wants to get up and go - so you are right, the time goes by so quickly and I wish I had realized that when she was a baby and I was tired - that it doesn't last forever. Good for you for having that perspective! You won't by sorry.