Our shattered dreams are never random. They are always a piece in a larger puzzle, a chapter in a larger story.

Larry Crabb

Monday, May 17, 2010

A Sick Family

Well I am up way earlier in the morning that I want to be, however that is life with wee little ones, and especially when everyone in the family is sick. Jeral has been sick for a week now with very little sign of improvement. I would say he is actually getting worse, so I am up today at 5 am with both kids. Kenzie has also been sick since Monday last week (nice holidays huh!), and Jaris since Thursday. I hate laying in bed at night and listening to my son choke on his own snot and have that wake him up. My heart as a mommy breaks not being able to help my children feel better. At least I can be thankful that I got over it rather quickly so I can take care of my family.

On the upside to a short night I know I did get some sleep because I had a funny dream. In three plus years of going to Abbotsford I never missed an appointment, however in my dream we were all in a school and my best buds were there too, and I somehow managed to miss 2 appointments, so the Joy club leader paid me back by making me play some strange version of twister in one of those sort of welcome to school game days (we used to have days like that at Bethany Bible College when I was there). Seriously twister she could not think of anything better?!?!?!? Hahaha - I know it was my dream thus my subconscious put it all together the way it did. It was still funny though, and I got to see my friends and have adult conversations despite it being only in my dreams!

Well I need to go swaddle one miracle, and play with the other while eating my breakfast all before the dr.'s office opens and I am able to call in and make appointments for the kids. This has gone on long enough!

1 comment:

Caroline said...

Oh Leanne, being sick is no fun, but like you said, at least you are feeling better so you can take care of everyone ;0)