Our shattered dreams are never random. They are always a piece in a larger puzzle, a chapter in a larger story.

Larry Crabb

Friday, May 14, 2010

Our Little Get Away

the kids with Aunt Sue


my beautiful little girl


Kenzie and her cousin Jaydn


attempting to have them sleep side by side


Jaris sort of smiling still not sure what to do with his older sister



Well we are back home from our week long trip! We had 20 days off in between cycles so we decided to take the kids to Abbotsford, Langley, and Vancouver. It was great to see family and friends! Some days I wish we lived down there, and yet I know then i would miss my friends here, however the reality is no one can replace Marie, so I would move there just to be closer to her.

So here is the run down of our trip! Friday we got to go hang out with my friend Misty and spend the night at her home. It was nice to catch up a bit even though the time was short.

Saturday we went to she our Aunt Sue in the mid morning! Then in the afternoon we went to hang out with Marie, Andrew and our friend Trina as well as her youngest son. Once again the time was short and yet it was good. I miss Marie and really do wish we lived in Abbotsford some days so my kids could grow up with Auntie Marie around. Then it was off to the hotel.

Seriously staying in a hotel with two little ones is an adventure. All 4 of us in the same room - well we used to do that, however not anymore for sleep reasons. Kenzie and Jeral both sleep better if Kenzie does not have to hear Jaris making all sorts of noises!

Sunday was just relaxing. We went on a walk around the Discovery Trail area. Before that we went out for brunch. Both Kenzie and Jaris slept the whole time. In the evening we went to church. I think the reality is for both Jeral and I we will not be able to sit and listen or enjoy church until our miracles are a little older. Right now we just focus on them and try to keep them happy and content.

Sunday was also Mother's Day and my first one as a Mother. I will admit I did tear up a few times as I thought about how amazing both my children are and how precious they are. I love them both so much and am not able to imagine life without them now. I am blessed, I was blessed before them, and I am blessed with them in my life.

Monday we went to visit our my friend Lorie in the morning and then we made our way to Vancouver and Jeral's sister's house. Jeral, Kenzie and I also got sick that day - thank you lack of sleep - however I got better quickly and Jeral and Kenzie are still recovering.

Tuesday I got to hang out with another dear friend who is soon going to have her little bundle of joy! And she got to meet and hold my little (okay not so little) bundles of joy.

Wednesday was hanging out with Jeral's sister since she had the day off. I almost told Jeral I wanted to see my former therapist as a therapist (instead of as the kid's auntie) that day if she had any free slots since he would have help with the kids, however in the end I decided against that.

Thursday we headed home.

Now today is trying to get things cleaned up. We have a ton of laundry, and bottles to sterilize, and I am taking care of the kids by myself today - this is the first time that I have had them all by myself for the whole day and I have been at home for most of it. Right now both are napping so I can write this. I think I am am doing pretty good and I have not stuffed my face full of food to calm my anxiety so that is a good sign.

We still are muddling through Jaris' feeding issues. He is still constipated, spits up (today was some amazing projectile puke), and sounds congested all the time. Thus nights are hard. Last night he woke up every 90 minutes to feed yet only took an ounce, thus he was not hungry he was soothe feeding. Well I have to finish the final touches on supper before the kids wake up, and maybe fold some laundry!

1 comment:

Trev and Rebekah said...

i regret not taking any pictures when you came to visit.