Our shattered dreams are never random. They are always a piece in a larger puzzle, a chapter in a larger story.

Larry Crabb

Saturday, February 20, 2010

Blessing MacKenzie

Tonight MacKenzie and her mommy were blessed by some of the amazing women who have been a part of my life. It was nice to listen to the words of blessing being spoken over my amazing daughter, by friends who were able to be there and also those who were not able to be there.

I must admit at one point I became very overwhelmed - most likely due to both MacKenzie and I feeling under the weather, and when people talk in loud pitched voices MacKenzie is unsettled so as her mama I was feeling a little lost. At first I began to feel sheepish about the fact that I was crying for no apparent reason (later I realized there was a reason) - yet as I thought about it one of the blessings I can pass onto my daughter is being okay with tears and crying. I do not want my daughter to be ashamed of crying. I want her to know tears are a wonderful thing.

I love how loved my daughter is, and I love how celebrated her life is!

2 comments:

Trev and Rebekah said...

Was she dedicated today? I can't wait to see her and I believe that tears are a good thing to pass on. It's okay to be real and in touch with your emotions.

Hugs and love

Jen Glen said...

What a cool time to have together and a really great idea.