Our shattered dreams are never random. They are always a piece in a larger puzzle, a chapter in a larger story.

Larry Crabb

Wednesday, February 17, 2010

Thinking Before We Speak!

Last night Jeral, MacKenzie, and I went to a pancake supper at a local church here in Armstrong. It was nice to not have to cook. Well I ran into a lady who was at the silent retreat held in my home a year and a half ago, and while she expressed her joy for our growing family she also said something that a few other people have said to us over the past few months - the comment was "I think we prayed too hard for you guys, maybe we should have prayed less." We have heard that comment a few other times and I normally just laugh it off, however with each time I find that comment more and more offensive.

Really do you honestly think that you prayed too much for our family to grow? Can we ever really talk to God too much? Sometimes I wish people would think a little bit more before they say something just for the sake of saying something. However then I also have to include myself in that group of people because I know I have said things just for the sake of talking. I am also probably venting because I have a cold and feel miserable, and my little girl is not feeling so good either!

2 comments:

Trev and Rebekah said...

Wow, that's so insensitive. I am glad that God answered mine and others prayers and that your arms are full. Love you lots

Jen Glen said...

Being sick sucks! I'm sorry to hear you aren't feeling well. I can relate with you on the comments though...and I too have been both the reciever and the giver! Perhaps that woman is kicking herself right now, realizing how that might have sounded. And God knows how much you can handle, and knew that He could trust you with two precious little ones so close together!