Our shattered dreams are never random. They are always a piece in a larger puzzle, a chapter in a larger story.

Larry Crabb

Thursday, February 25, 2010

Pictures and a Bit More of an Update!


MacKenzie watching the Olympics! We are trying to get MacKenzie to spend some time sitting up every day so she gets used to sitting and strengthing those muscles!


I love her little cute face!


Being Held by her older Cousin Rachel!


We ordered a fisher price jumperoo for MacKenzie and her brother. She is still not big enough for it, however give it a few more weeks and I think she will really like playing in it! I just had to try it out with her and see how she did!


Making Faces with mommy when all mommy wanted her to do was to take her bottle. However making faces is apparently way more fun, and I would have to agree!


So here is a bit of the pregnancy update! I was at the Hospital today attending the Diabetes Education Program - even though I am not a gestational diabetic. However due to my feeling so awful for the past week and a half I now have keytones in my urine. This happens when you are not eating enough and your body starts to break down protein to sustain itself. Not good for Jaris - I know I have not been eating enough and thus this has happened. So now since I find it hard to eat full sized meals the plan is that I need to eat a little bit every hour or closer if that is what I need to do. If my keytones have not improved then I will need to on Monday call in and go back to the hospital and we will have to figure something else out. Not what I want to do so here is hoping I will be able to get things under control by Monday. Here is to eating nuts, and more nuts, and oh adding protein powder to my water, and apple juice.

Jaris is definitely growing more and more everyday if I though bending over before was hard it is just getting harder. Oh well 5.5 weeks to go, and here is hoping he is a little early.

As for the cold and not being able to breathe - after being at my wits end I called the OBGYN a second time and told him that the benadryl was not working. In fact it was making my head spin and I was more miserable, so I needed something else and I needed it fast, because I was at the point where I was willing to do anything to induce labor and get Jaris out so I could breathe again and function. Well I guess being at my ropes end was what it took and he said I could take an over the counter drug called Actifed since the benefits out weigh the risks. So between the Actifed and the Neti Pot I am getting better! Still not sleeping all to well yet enough to function and breathe during the day.

SO there you have it! I would appreciate on going prayers as we are coming to the end and I want so much to be the best mommy I can be to both my children. I also really want to get as much rest as I can in the next few weeks.

2 comments:

Trev and Rebekah said...

I really want to see you but totally understand if it needs to be postponed. We've been talking about making a trip out you way one of these months.

I am hoping for preggo pics if I won't be able to see you in person.

I hope you feel better soon and I am glad they caught that thing with your urine!

Jen Glen said...

Oooh, the neti pot!! I have heard it is quite the interesting experience but that it does work! I haven't got the guts up yet to try it yet!