Our shattered dreams are never random. They are always a piece in a larger puzzle, a chapter in a larger story.

Larry Crabb

Saturday, February 13, 2010

Thoughts

I was staring at my beautiful daughter this morning as she was swaddled and falling asleep in my arms, and in that peaceful moment I almost forgot that she is adopted. Not is a bad way like we do not plan on telling her or something like that. We tell her every day how much we love her and how thankful we are that we were chosen by her birth mom to adopt her, and we will continue to do so! It is just so easy to love her and feel that she is a part of us in a way that we cannot explain. I guess unless you have adopted this feeling would be hard to understand.

As I sit her while she naps I am struck by the fact that while our hearts and arms are full, we cannot imagine the void her birth mom feels. Eight days ago MacKenzie's Birth Mom signed consents for us to go ahead and adopt MacKenzie. It just seems so unfair that that while our hearts and arms are full, the very woman who blessed us is experiencing deep pain and sorrow. Anyways those are my thoughts. I have more however they are not for the blog.

We hope that you all have a great Valentines Day tomorrow, and that you have fun with the one's you love!

Love Jeral, Leanne, and MacKenzie Joy