Our shattered dreams are never random. They are always a piece in a larger puzzle, a chapter in a larger story.

Larry Crabb

Monday, March 8, 2010

An Adventure!

So no pictures with this post - and I will keep it short. We are still on Holidays in Vancouver and today we got towed!!!!!! We parked and plugged in money to the parking meter and MacKenzie, my cousin Michelle, and I went into Starbucks to hang out and have a drink while Jeral went to get some new roller blades. Well Jeral came back and walked in and told me that the van had been towed and I did not believe him I thought he was joking! So I went outside and sure enough the van was gone. We got towed for parking in a no park zone between 3-6 pm. So we called the number and luckily the impound lot was only a 25 minute walk for a woman in her 9th month of pregnancy and we walked to go get the van. Talk about an adventure! I was sort of hoping that maybe the braxton hicks contractions would turn into real contractions and labour would begin due to the stress of haivng our van towed - however no such luck!!!!! That is it for now, hopefully we will not have that happen again on our trip!

Other than that I am reading a great book entitled "Parenting from the inside Out", by Dan Seigel. So good and I would highly recommend it to anyone who is a parent of anyone who helps parents. Who would have thought that a book about parenting would basically tell parents that they need to look at unresolved issues from childhood to help them become better parents. I love this. I guess that is what I was doing for the 3 years I drove down to Abbotsford, and in truth I am grateful that Jesus continues to remind me that when I am reacting in a way over the top way that there is something I need to talk about and look at with him. I also love how the book talks about the brain and how our brain develops. I guess even though I am no longer officially in counseling with the ring leader of the "Joy Club" I will never be officially out of counseling with Jesus!

2 comments:

Trev and Rebekah said...

Looking forward to seeing you tomorrow.

Glad you found a book. I may have to pick that up after I read the one I am already reading.

Jen Glen said...

ONLY a 25 minute walk!?!?! You go girl, b/c I am not 9 months pregnant and know that a 25 minute walk would have wiped me out!! I hope it didn't cost too much to get it back. You even plugged the meter!! Oh, and another thing, what was the tow truck doing, hiding around the corner just waiting? I think that's crazy.