Our shattered dreams are never random. They are always a piece in a larger puzzle, a chapter in a larger story.

Larry Crabb

Sunday, March 14, 2010

Pictures and an Ah Ha Moment

Well here are the pictures I have been promising! Basically these are for Auntie Joy, Grandma J., Grandpa & Grandma K., and Auntie Lisa - however I know others read this too so you can feel free to look at the pictures too! I enjoy having the blog so those who do not get to see MacKenzie on a regular basis still get to watch her grow up.

Last night daddy built a little box for MacKenzie to stand on while she is in the Jump-a-roo, and it seemed to be a big hit this afternoon once we got home from Church! This is also a rare picture of her smiling! Normally when the camera comes out we get this look, as if to say what is going on Mommy and Daddy?


Daddy and MacKenzie - daddy bought MacKenzie this out fit all by himself with out the help of mommy. He bought it at a baby shop on 4th ave in Vancouver - it was more expensive than the 6 items I bought at Thyme Maternity a few days before. Oiy for high end baby stores! We put her in it for Church today, and I realized that while it says it is for babies 6-9 months of age there is no way MacKenzie will fit this when she is 6 months old. It just fits her now, so we may get a few wears out of it in the next few weeks!


So we decided to buy matching car seats and this is MacKenzie going on her first walk in the car seat. We have a baby trend clip the car seat into it stroller that we are using until Jaris gets here. So I clipped her in and off for a walk we went.


The two car seats side by side! Yep they match our van and the double stroller we have, however they do not clip into the Chariot, so we will wait until Jaris is a few months before we plunk him into it. In the mean time if I want to go on walks, one will go in the baby trend and the other will be in a baby carrier on mommy.


MacKenzie in Daddy's arms. She is growing so much and changing more and more every day!


Mackenzie with her cousin's Rachel and Jaydn!


This tends to be the face we get when we take pictures. We will have her giggling, cooing, and smiling and then the camera comes out and this is what we get! She still is super cute though!!!!!


Today at church I had an Ah Ha moment. It all started with MacKenzie fussing a little bit due to being tired. She is a rather aware little girl who like to look and see everything. So I took her to the nursery room and swaddled her to put her to sleep if even for a bit. A lady came in and asked if I wanted her to sit with MacKenzie while she was sleeping so I could go back tot he service. I kindly said no I was fine and would bring her out to fall asleep, this was just to get her comfy. The truth was I just do not know this lady well enough to leave my daughter with her. So then when a very close and dear friend offered to hold her because she could see I was physically done I said no because I did not want to offend this other woman. However as I passed MacKenzie off to her daddy. I realized that hey I am Mommy and if I am not comfortable handing MacKenzie off to someone then that is my choice as mommy, that does not mean that then I cannot feel free to allow someone I know and trust to hold her. So that was my moment of realizing that is okay to say no to some people holding my daughter, while saying yes to other people. In that moment I felt free instead of trapped and it was glorious!

1 comment:

Ashlea said...

Love the pictures Leanne! She is so sweet!
I liked your Aha moment too! I remember before I had Anika I saw all the decisions that moms would make such as, "Should I let her sleep now because she's sleepy, or hold off because we're going out later and I want her to nap then?" and "She has a small fever; is it enough to take her to the doctor or should I just wait and see?" I assumed that when you became a mom you just knew the answers to these questions.....and I felt so inadequate when I had a baby and had no idea what the "right" answers were! My own Aha moment (and the point to my ramblings) came when I realized that I was never going to just "know" all the answers, and that it was okay. (And that frankly, a lot of the decisions didn't have a "right" or "wrong" answer) I've become a lot more confident in my parenting now that I can make decisions without constantly second guessing myself or worrying about what others think.
You're right; it is freeing!