Our shattered dreams are never random. They are always a piece in a larger puzzle, a chapter in a larger story.

Larry Crabb

Thursday, March 4, 2010

Date Night, Pictures, and a Tangent!


So I came out of the laundry room the other day to see this. Daddy reading his Bible and MacKenzie sawing logs! She is so like her mommy!


Bath time - this is our nightly attempt to keep MacKenzie awake until her last feed of the evening at about 8 pm. Yes her lips are purple, however not from the water being cold she likes her bath really warm. Her lips are purple from the Gentian Violet we are using to try and get the thrush under control.


We were trying to put a hair bret in MacKenzie's little tuft of hair at the front. I know she looks grumpy, however she sat there rather content for a while. I was amazed at how long she gave us just sitting there!

I am feeling better bit by bit so that is great. I had a conversation with Jesus the other night as I was feeding MacKenzie and I told God I wanted to be the best mommy I could be, and his response was that I was being the best mommy I could be. My re-butt was I want to be the best mommy I can be while being able to breath and function without all the congestion. Gotta love how we place stipulations on what we mean. I then proceeded to ask God if my congestion was as a result of something I need to ask forgiveness for - oiy! So not how the new me believes, and yet when we get desperate we revert back to our old ways of thinking. Thank goodness Jesus was there to remind me that sometimes life just happens and we need to walk through it, not over, not around, not under, but through - and sometimes we need to push for what we need.

That is my little tangent for this morning. Jeral took MacKenzie out on a Daddy date, and last night MacKenzie was with Uncle Mark, Auntie Jodi, and the kids, so mommy and daddy could go on a date. It was strange not having MacKenzie with us, and yet it was nice to know that she is well bonded and attached to us so she can be left with family and she is okay.

1 comment:

Trev and Rebekah said...

Yeah life does just happen. We are not exempt from crap happening whether big or small. I think it's good that Jesus reminded you that you are a good mommy because you are. I can't wait to see you! Okay I can wait but I am looking forward to it! :0)